- "It is not sufficient to see and to know the beauty of a work. We must feel and be affected by it."
- “IF I AM NOT FOR MYSELF WHO WILL BE FOR ME? IF I AM ONLY FOR MYSELF THEN WHAT AM I? IF NOT NOW, WHEN?”
RABBI HILLEL 1 A.D.
- "It is not inequality which is the real misfortune, it is dependence."
- “Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.”
- “We can make our minds so like still water that beings gather about us that they may see, it may be, their own images, and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even with a fiercer life because of our quiet. “